Breast Revision Beverly Hills
According to statistics published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), nearly 300,000 women underwent breast augmentation in 2012 alone. The overwhelming majority of these women who had breast augmentation done were completely satisfied with the results achieved by the procedure. Unfortunately, there are a small number of cases where women either don’t initially achieve satisfactory results or they experience rare complications which require a second procedure (breast revision surgery) to correct a problem with the implant.
I have performed many breast revision surgeries to correct various breast augmentation problems. Most commonly these are capsular contracture (scar tissue formation), asymmetry, a separation between the breasts, or size changes. I believe that the key to any breast surgery is communication – being a good listener so I can understand what my patients hope to achieve, and also my taking the time to answer questions and set realistic expectations on what can and cannot be fixed with surgery
Why Breast Revision Surgery?
Wrong Size Implants:
Some women who undergo breast augmentation may want to increase or decrease the size of their breasts at a later time. This can be due to career change, lifestyle change, or just personal preference.
Rare complications such as capsular contracture, where the scar tissue causes your breasts to harden and distort, can occur and can be corrected.
Although most women have some natural asymmetry, following breast augmentation some women may notice that their breasts are significantly uneven, an issue that can be improved.
Improper Implant Placement:
Sometimes breast augmentation procedures result in the implant being placed too high or too far apart, another issue which can be corrected by breast revision surgery.
Why Choose Dr. Cat as Your Breast Revision Surgeon?
- Harvard Educated, UCLA Trained
- Named one of America’s Top Plastic Surgeons by the Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Published in Aesthetic Surgery Journal and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of The American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery
- Member of The American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of The American Medical Association
- Official Judge for 2012 Miss California United States Pageant
- Official Plastic Surgeon for 2011 Mrs. California United States Pageant
- One of the few female plastic surgeons in the US.
Get to know Beverly Hills breast revision surgeon Dr. Cat Begovic.
Dr Cat and her staff are the best